Who is an Allergist ?
An Allergy specialist or Allergist is a specialist physician who is specially trained to diagnose, treat and manage allergy and asthma and immunologic disorders. An Allergy Specialist or Allergist can formulate a proper management plan in case of anaphylaxis, the most severe form of allergy.
A individual first have to obtain basic medical bachelor degree. Then he has to complete a specialist degree programme usually in the internal medicine or pediatrics. After that he can obtain a further special training programme in the form of degree / diploma/ fellowship in Allergy, Asthma and Immunology, can be considered as a specialist Allergist.
In India there is lack of Allergy specialist or Allergist. Several tertiary care Medical College Hospitals are recently opened several Allergy Asthma programme to trained the physician as Allergy Asthma Specialist.
When to see Allergist or Allergy Specialist?
Allergies are common and increasing globally. Worldwide 30-40% populations are allergic. In India 20-30% populations are allergic. Allergy may be very severe and may lead life threatening consequences called anaphylaxis. Avoidance of the causative allergen is important aspect of managing allergen. Following are the conditions for which one must attend an Allergist to plan the management:
- If you are suffering from chronic sinus infections, frequent nasal congestion or difficulty breathing.
- If a person is experiencing hay fever or other allergy symptoms several months out of the year.
- When antihistamines and over-the-counter medications do not control your allergy symptoms.
- In case of asthma or allergies are troublesome to maintain your ability to carry on day-to-day activities.
- When asthma or allergies decrease the quality of your life.
- You are experiencing warning signs of serious asthma. When someone having nighttime symptoms of asthma.
- If someone having severe allergic reaction/anaphylaxis.
Allergy Asthma Centre :
Allergy & Asthma Centre aka Centre for Allergy & Asthma is located at Kalna, Bardhaman, West Bengal, India. Dr Monojit Mondal is the founder of this Allergy Asthma Centre. It is the leading allergy asthma centre at Kalna, Bardhaman, West Bengal, India. Dr Mondal is a Pediatrician and Allergist who completed his special allergy asthma training from Christian Medical College, Vellore, Tamil Nadu, India.
Dr Monojit Mondal started “Allergy Asthma Treatment for All” campaign. Under this campaign, a free treatment is given to all poor people.