Skin Allergy occurs when an allergen causes triggering of immune response leading to allergic symptoms. Allergic Skin diseases can be treated with skin allergy medicines in the form of anti allergy ointment, tablets and others.
Skin Allergy include:
- Atopic Dermatitis / Eczema
- Allergic Contact Dermatitis
- Urticaria / Hives
- Hereditary angioedema ( HAE )
Skin Allergy most common symptoms
- Itchy skin
- Skin redness
- Swelling in the skin
- Thickening of Skin
Skin Allergy Diagnosis
Consultation with an allergist is necessary.
- Symptoms and signs
- Skin test
- Allergen specific IgE
Skin Allergy Treatment and Management
- Skin allergy medicines are the drugs which used to treat skin allergy. Allergy medicines includes anti allergy tablets, ointments, and other medications like probiotics.
- Topical Moisturizers for Skin Allergy is very helpful particularly in atopic dermatitis.
- Topical Steroids in the form ointments is needed for disease is moderate to severe stage.
Wet – Wrap Therapy for Skin Allergy
Anti allergy drugs includes Anti histamines Drugs
- This class of allergy medicine is very helpful for skin allergy. But anti-histamines will not control the symptoms in atopic dermatitis. Here Sedative antihistamines are sometimes used.
Treatment of Associated Infections
- Skin allergy patient often has associated skin infection that has to be treated with antibiotics.
Vitamin D supplements
Consult with allergist
Probiotics in Allergy
- Sometimes helpful
Immunotherapy or Allergen Immunotherapy AIT
- helpful when skin allergy ointments tablets are not working.
Avoidance of Possible Triggers
Sometimes avoidance of triggering factors are helpful in skin allergy patients
Irritants: like chemicals, detergents, soaps, fragrances, and smoke.
Steps to perform to reduce irritant exposures in Allergy Patients:
- Wear suitable and comfortable clothing.
- Wash garments prior to wearing.
- Cut fingernails short and smooth
- Use broad-spectrum UV protective sunscreen lotion (SPF of 15 or higher).
- Bathe immediately after swimming