Inhalers are the best management of asthma
Asthma Management include treatment plan and preventive aspect to reduce exaggeration.
Treatment of Asthma:
Till date there is no cure for asthma. But the symptoms can be under control with proper management. The management of asthma include asthma education and learning to avoid asthma triggers. Medications include Reliever and controller medication.
These are the medications which quickly relax airways. This relieve the symptoms of asthma. These include:
- Short-acting beta-agonists (SABA) medication like salbutamol or levosalbutamol. They can be used as and when required basis.
Controller medications for asthma management
- These medicine are taken daily as a maintenance therapy.
- They reduce airway inflammation. This leads to control symptoms, reduced asthma exacerations and improve the lung function.
These medication include:
Inhaled corticosteroids (ICS) like
- beclomethasone etc.
Combination Therapy for asthma management
Combinated inhalers contain an inhaled corticosteroid and a long-acting beta-agonist (LABA) medicine. Combination medications include:
- Fluticasone & Salmeterol
- Budesonide & Formoterol
- Mometasone & formoterol.
Other medications include:
- Anticholinergics are medications medication like tiotropium.
- Leukotriene modifiers like Montelukast, Zafirlukast.
- Oral and intravenous corticosteroids like prednisone and methylprednisolone. They used in acute exacerbation of asthma.
- Monoclnal antibody– Anti IgE Antibody- Omalizumab. They are helpful in management of allergic asthma.